Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Minor Milestone

Hello all you guys and gals!

Though you won't notice it until next week (or perhaps even the week after that), the Uncanny X-Periment is completely up-to-date. Yes, that's right. I just read all of Messiah Complex, which now only leaves us with whatever comics are coming out on a week-by-week basis.

I'm not sure as to what this means for the Uncanny X-Periment. On the one hand, it's kinda nice to not have about ten stacks of comics sitting next to my bed, waiting for me to crack 'em open, and then write about them. But on the other hand, I want to keep this blog somewhat active.

I'm reluctant to go on an issue-by-issue up-date. I think it kinda harms the intention of this blog, as my goal was to take specific eras of the X-Men and offer overviews/reviews of said eras. This worked quite while with Wolverine: Origins, as the quality of this series actually improved when all of the so-called "first act" is put together.

I'm pretty sure you'll see activity here for at least the next month. I'm going to be posting the "Civil War" entries daily after I get my computer back up and running (and thus having access to my back-dated entries). After that, there will be a spot reserved for Astonishing X-Men, and then Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire. Which is then followed by Red Data and Endangered Species. That will ultimately get us to Messiah Complex.

I'm fairly certain that by the time we get to Messiah Complex, X-Men: Emperor Vulcan will be completed. I may even toss in X-Men: Die by the Sword for kicks and giggles. So that's some material right there.

As for the future of this blog, I haven't quite decided. As strange as it sounds, February is big X-Men month for me. It was the month that, in 1992, I picked up my first issue of Uncanny X-Men and X-Factor. So I may do something to celebrate that event. I may also do a few articles and observations and the like.

We'll cross that bridge when we get there, though. I figure, by the time I get the "last" entry up, I'll have a clear answer as to what the future holds of this blog.

~W~

No comments: