Thursday, February 23, 2006

Welcome!

WELCOME TO THE GREAT UNCANNY X-PERIMENT!


Back on January 19th, 2006, I started reading what will be the entire run of Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, The Astonishing X-Men, X-Men: The Hidden Years, X-Treme X-Men, and New X-Men.

Along with all there comes key and important issues of New Mutants, X-Factor, Excalibur, X-Force, X-Men Unlimited, Generation X, Wolverine, Cable, Deadpool, Bishop, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Cable & Deadpool, Weapon X, Agent X, Soldier X, X-Statix, Mystique, Brotherhood, District X, Maverick, and X-Man.

PLUS: various tie-ins, including (but not limited to) Avengers, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Marvel Comics Presents, Captain America, and Defenders; and major crossovers such as Contest of Champions, Secret Wars (1 and 2), Secret War, Infinity Gauntlet, House of M, Onslaught, and Heroes Return. And, to cap it off, a gaggle of limited series, along the lines of Wolverine/Kitty Pryde, Avengers vs. the X-Men, NYX, X-23, and more!

This comes off the heels of my purchase of the "40 Years of the X-Men" CD-ROM, which has every issue of Uncanny X-Men up until last August. A lot of the original X-Men books that I didn't have and would never have seen are suddenly avaliable to me and I'm taking the opportunity. I mean, if I got all these comics why not go for it?

And also, this may help me skim out what I don't want/need anymore. Special thanks to Scotty who inspired me to sort through my collection and get a lot of the harder to organize stuff fixed up. Also, thanks to uncannyxmen.net, who aided me in deciding what comics are the most important.

As I finish a section of comics, I'll be posting a review for that section. For example, I'll be putting Uncanny X-Men # 1-18 together, because they really deal with overlapping subplots that come together at the end of Uncanny X-Men # 18. I plan on looking at each issue with an open mind - keeping in mind the times these issues were produced and what was standard back then (the Silver Age issues are going to be the biggest problem, but I'm thinking that maybe some music in the background may just help).

I started this on January 17th, so I'll be posting the reviews I've written so far in the next couple of days and play a game of "catch-up."

Thanks! Hope you all stop back!

~W~

No comments: